The Panhandle-South Plains Fair is on schedule for September 25th – October 3rd. We are continuing to cautiously plan for our event. The health and safety of the community is and always will be the highest priority in producing the annual fair.
In the interest of public health, the fair has implemented the following changes for the safety of all:
• Face masks will be required to enter the fairgrounds
• Additional hand-washing stations and hand sanitizing stations will be strategically placed around the entire fairgrounds
• Thorough cleaning/sanitizing procedures will be in place
• Signage will be visible promoting social distancing and masks requirements, crowd control personnel will be on the grounds to assist with these requirements
• Traffic flow patterns have been determined in each building, along with a 50% occupancy capacity
• The Women's Building will be closed for 2020
• The Fair Park Coliseum will not hold any indoor concerts for the 2020 Fair
The Panhandle-South Plains Fair works closely on public health issues with a variety of local and national public health agencies, including the State of Texas Office of the Governor, the Texas Department of Public Health, and our local city officials. Fair organizers will continue to collaborate with these expert partners, watch for any new developments around COVID-19 that would impact the fair operation, and make modifications accordingly.
"The Panhandle-South Plains Fair exists to strengthen the Lubbock community and bring people together," said General Manager Jennifer Wallace. "We are dedicated to doing our part to produce a fun, yet safe event."
For more information about the 2020 Panhandle-South Plains Fair, visit www.southplainsfair.com