Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese
· 1 lb. bag frozen, chopped cauliflower
· 1 Tbsp olive oil
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· 1/4 tsp black pepper
· salt to taste
· 2 Tbsp olive oil
· 3 Tbsp all purpose flour can use all purpose GF flour
· 1 1/4 cup 2% milk
· 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425° and lightly grease cookie sheet.
2. Place cauliflower on cookie sheet and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; roast in oven 20 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Over medium heat, place 2 Tbsp. olive oil in sauce pan and whisk in flour. Keep whisking and slowly start pouring in milk. Keep gently whisking until all incorporated.
4. When the milk mixture is warmed, start adding cheese one handful at a time. Continue to whisk and add 1 ½ cups cheese until all is smooth and melted. Season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
5. When the cheese sauce is smooth, mix it with cauliflower and transfer into a greased baking dish.
6. Spread cauliflower evenly in the baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
7. Bake it for about 15 minutes. Serve immediately