Rustic Cucumber and Tomato Salad Recipe
For the vegetables:
· 5 large tomatoes
· 1 English cucumber (fresh and firm)
· 1/2 large red onion
· 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
· 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
· 1 pinch kosher salt
· 1 pinch black pepper
For the dressing:
· 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (very good quality)
· 1/4 cup vinegar
· 1 tsp kosher salt
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 tsp sugar
1. Slice the tomatoes in half. Cut each half into 6-8 wedges, then cut each wedge in half. Place the tomatoes into a large bowl.
2. Dice the cucumber into 1 inch pieces; add to the tomatoes.
3. To cucumbers and tomatoes, stir in the onions, the chopped parsley and cilantro.
4. To prepare the dressing, stir all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together vigorously, until well blended.
5. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss together. Cover the bowl and let marinade in refrigerator until ready to serve.