Lubbock Fire Rescue saves one from burning home Thursday night - FOX34 Lubbock

Lubbock Fire Rescue saves one from burning home Thursday night

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, Texas -

Lubbock Fire Rescue saved a person from a burning home Thursday night in central Lubbock. 

Fire crews responded to a structure fire with a person trapped inside near 17th Street and Ave. S. just before midnight.

Upon arrival, crews forced entry into a small, two story home. Firefighters reported heavy smoke conditions inside, but were able to search quickly and located an unresponsive person on the second floor. 

The person was quickly removed from the burning structure and firefighters performed resuscitation efforts. Crews were then able to extinguished the fire. The person was taken to the hospital and is being treated for smoke inhalation injuries. 

LFR determined the cause of the fire was accidental due to unattended candles and reports there were no working smoke detectors in the home. 

LFR reminds the public that for a limited time, LFR will come to your home and install working smoke detectors. Unattended candles are a leading cause of fires and fire related deaths across the US and in Lubbock.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2020 RAMAR. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.