Chicken Pot Pie Soup
· 1tablespoon olive oil
· 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
· 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
· 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
· 1/3 cup all-purpose
· 4 cups chicken broth
· 2 cups milk
· 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
· 1 pound The Little Potato Co. Boomer Gold Potatoes
· 1 bag (16 oz.) Signature Kitchen Frozen Mixed Vegetables
· ½ teaspoon dried basil
· ½ teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté for 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and mushrooms, and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Gradually add in the chicken broth. Stir in the chicken, potatoes, frozen vegetables, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until combined. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue simmering the soup for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft and cooked through.
3. Whisk flour and milk together; slowly stir into soup. Return soup to a simmer and stir until soup begins to thicken.
4. Taste the soup and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
5. Serve immediately, with crackers on top or on the side, if desired.