Law enforcement members and experts working to combat the problem have repeatedly told us human trafficking and sex trafficking are not problems exclusive to other countries, states or cities. It happens on the South Plains.
Multiple agencies, including Texas DPS special agents, Lubbock Police officers and TABC agents conducted an operation Thursday and Friday targeting people who tried to pay for sex with minors. They tell us it is a move to combat human trafficking.
The DPS issued a news release Friday evening with a list of people arrested and the charges they face:
- Troy Brandon Fillingim, 44, Felony Prostitution – payor, under 18; Possession of Controlled Substance in Penalty Group 1 (1-4 grams)
- Omado Morales, Jr, 36, Felony Prostitution
- Salvador Ybarra, 54, Felony Prostitution
- Malcolm Xeruzar Dixon-White, 24, Felony Prostitution
- Jason Mark Perez, 45, Prostitution of a Minor
- Sara Kay Huebbie, 32, Prostitution (w/prior convictions) state jail felony
- Jeremy C Randall, 38, Promotion of Prostitution; man/del CS PG 1 (4-200 grams); Possession of Marijuana less than 2 ounces
- Joshua Gregory Misenhimer, 29, Felony Prostitution payor <18
- Bhavik Patel, 29, Felony Prostitution payor <18
- Ronald Marlin Martin, 73, Felony Prostitution payor <18
This story was updated Tuesday morning to remove the name of one person arrested. Information provided by DPS erroneously stated the suspect was arrested for felony prostitution involving a minor. The DPS provided an update Tuesday morning stating the suspect was charged with one count of soliciting prostitution, a Class B misdemeanor; it was not involving a minor.