LUBBOCK, Texas – The Texas Tech Lady Raider basketball team recorded an impressive victory on Saturday afternoon, routing Oklahoma State, 109-79, for the school's largest conference margin of victory in 15 years. The Lady Raiders' 109 points are the most in a Big 12 conference game in 20 years and the second-most ever.
Additionally, after recording the second-largest turnaround among Power Five schools last season with 14 wins, Texas Tech matched that total in just 19 games with Saturday's victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Led by eight triples from Andrayah Adams, the Lady Raiders set a new Big 12 record with 20 made threes on the day, also shattering the previous program record of 14. Adams had 24 points, six rebounds and five assists.
Three Lady Raiders posted double-doubles, led by Brittany Brewer with 26 points and 10 rebounds to go along with 4 assists and two blocks. Chrislyn Carr posted a new career high in assists with 13 with only three turnovers, while also scoring 17. Sydney Goodson came off the bench to score 14 points, 10 rebounds and five assists.
Freshman Alexis Tucker rounded out Tech's double-figure scorers with 15 points.
After OSU led, 27-21, through one quarter, the Lady Raiders outscored the Cowgirls, 73-29, over the next two frames to take the lead for good.
Texas Tech shot 57 percent for the game and 64.5 percent from three-point range.
- After recording the second-biggest turnaround in the Power Five last season, Texas Tech matched last year's 14 wins in just 19 games this season.
- For the second time this season, Texas Tech went with the starting five of Chrislyn Carr, Andrayah Adams, Lexi Gordon and Brittany Brewer. The Lady Raiders moved to 2-0 this season when deploying this starting five.
- Texas Tech hit 20 three-pointers on the day to set a new Big 12 record. The previous was 18 by TCU in 2017.
- Texas Tech's 109 points are the second-most ever in a Big 12 game and the most in 20 years--when Iowa State scored 112 against Baylor in February of 2000.
- The Lady Raiders' 20 three pointers are the most for a major conference team in a game in two years--Syracuse's 20against North Carolina (Feb. 22, 2018).
- Texas Tech had three players record double-doubles--Brittany Brewer (26 points, 10 rebounds), Chrislyn Carr (17 points, 13 assists) and Sydney Goodson (14 points, 10 rebounds).
- Carr's 13 assists set a new career high for the sophomore and are the most by a Big 12 player this season. It marks Carr's second double-digit assist game this season (12 vs. Northwestern State).
- Andrayah Adams hit eight of her 14 three-point attempts on the day. The eight three-pointers are a new career high for Adams
- The Lady Raiders exploded offensively in the second quarter, erupting for 37 points--a new program record for scoring in a quarter. Tech's eight threes in the quarter tied a school record as well (vs. Florida A&M, 2019).
Senior Brittany Brewer: "It's so much fun, this is the most fun of basketball I have played here at Tech and so I am so blessed to play with these girls every single practice and game and under this coaching staff. It is just a lot, a lot of fun. We knew our first quarter we were not playing like this, we were just kind of sloppy, so we all talked about it and came together before the second quarter and we had some great people step up from off the bench. Tuck came in with amazing energy and it's good now that we can recognize when we are in that place and be like no we aren't doing that anymore. So, I am proud we recognized that and change it."
The Lady Raiders head back on the road this Wednesday to face off with Kansas State in Manhattan, Kan., Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. on ESPN+.