Skinnier Spinach Gratin
* 3 Tablespoons butter or olive oil
* 1 cup chopped onion
* ¼ cup flour
* 2 ½ cups 2% milk
* 3 (16 oz.) bags frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
* ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large pot, heat the butter or oil over medium heat; add the onions and cook until translucent (8-10 minutes). Add the flour; stir and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the spinach (do not drain) to the sauce; slowly stir in ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Add salt to taste. Transfer to a large greased baking dish; top with remaining cheeses.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.