Creamy Pumpkin Soup
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 yellow onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
* 15 oz can pumpkin puree
* 14 oz can light coconut milk
* 3 cups chicken bone broth
* 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
* GARNISHES (optional)
* 3/4 cup shredded smoked gouda
* 3/4 cup pistachios or pine nuts
1. Add the onion and garlic to a pot with the olive oil and sauté over medium-low heat until soft and transparent (about 5 minutes).
2. Add the cumin, ginger, and red pepper to the pot. Stir and cook for about 1-2 minutes to allow the spices to toast just slightly.
3. Add the pumpkin purée and coconut milk to the pot and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth; stir to combine again. Turn the heat up to medium and allow the soup to heat through.
4. Rinse the parsley, pull the leaves from the stems, and then give them a rough chop. Stir in a handful of the chopped parsley just before serving.
5. If desired, garnish each bowl with a tablespoon of cheese and nuts.
Watch Good Day Lubbock live right here.