Fire fails to ignite explosives at burning Texas facility

Fire fails to ignite explosives at burning Texas facility

Posted: Updated:

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Authorities say a carbon monoxide leak at a South Texas hotel blamed on a water heater has sent 12 guests to a hospital but all should recover.
  
The San Antonio Fire Department reports the leak was discovered around 2 a.m. Tuesday as firefighters responded to calls about sick guests at a Comfort Suites Hotel.
  
Department spokesman Joe Arrington says leaking carbon monoxide was traced to an exhaust pipe that accidentally dislodged from a gas-powered water heater.
  
Firefighters evacuated more than 100 people from the Comfort Suites Hotel, as a precaution. Arrington says 12 guests taken to a hospital have conditions not believed to be life-threatening.
  
Fans were used to ventilate the hotel. Arrington says guests were allowed to return several hours later.

(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

7/24/2018 9:18:02 AM (GMT -5:00)

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2019 RAMAR. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.