LFR responds to carbon monoxide at Kingdom Towers apartment comp

LFR responds to carbon monoxide at Kingdom Towers apartment complex

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, Texas -

A high level of carbon monoxide sends two to the hospital and forces everyone out of the Kingdom Towers apartment complex located south of downtown Lubbock early Tuesday morning. The initial call was related to a person who was unresponsive. Captain Kevin Ivy, with Lubbock Fire & Rescue said upon arrival they did a check for CO and they noticed high readings. They then turned off the gas to the building and got everyone out.  There were two people who were transported by EMS to UMC. 

"We had high CO levels all on the third floor we had over a 100 plus parts per million," said Ivy. "Then on the second floor we had 60 parts per million and down to first floor we had minor readings there." 

Levels above 25 parts per million can be dangerous for extended exposure, carbon monoxide is a silent killer. 

"Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless," said Miranda Heinrich, manager of public affairs for Atmos Energy. "It occurs in your home or in your apartment complex when there is incomplete combustion of the heating system or the boiler system of natural gas." 

There are some things to look out for like flu like symptoms, headache, nauseousness, weakness, vomiting, tightening in the chest. If you feel any of these and it's not flu season it's important to seek medical help. Experts recommend to get a carbon monoxide monitor, to make sure you know of if you have a CO problem in your home. 

Prolonged exposure to carbon monoxide can be deadly, but there are several ways to avoid disaster, you can find more details in the following link.  https://www.detectcarbonmonoxide.com/co-health-risks/

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2019 RAMAR. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.