Better for You Grilled Cheese
* Whole wheat bread
* Herbed or plain goat cheese
* Garlic Roasted Asparagus (from the deli area)
* From the Olive Bar at Market Street: tomato pesto, marinated mushrooms, and roasted garlic
* Extra virgin olive oil
1. Chop asparagus and mushrooms. Set aside.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brush one side of a slice of bread with olive oil. On the reverse side of the bread, spread goat cheese. Place bread, olive oil side down, on heated skillet. Sprinkle on some of the chopped asparagus, chopped mushrooms, and a few cloves of garlic.
3. Take another slice of bread and spread some of the tomato pesto on one side. Place that slice, pesto slice down onto the slice in the skillet. Brush the outer slice with olive oil. Flip sandwich as necessary, when golden brown.
4. Repeat for each sandwich and enjoy!