One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner
* 4 5 (6 7 oz) bonein, skinless chicken thighs
* 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
* 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary, plus more for serving
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 large sweet potato (peeled if desired), chopped into 3/4inch cubes
* 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
* 2 Fuji apples, cored and sliced into half moons about 3/4inch thick
* 2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about 1/4inch thick
* 4 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped into 1inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a
gallon size resealable bag, add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and
massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest
while chopping veggies.
2. Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and shallot on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil then toss to evenly coat and season with salt and pepper
to taste. Spread into an even layer then set chicken over veggie/fruit mixture. Sprinkle bacon
(separate any pieces that stick together) evenly over veggie/fruit mixture.
3. Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes (chicken should register165 in center). Broil during last few minutes for a more golden skin on chicken if desired. Sprinkle with more herbs and serve immediately.