Score: No.18 Midwestern State 4, Lubbock Christian 2
Records: Lubbock Christian (2-8-1, 1-5-1), Midwestern State (8-2-1, 6-1-0)
Location: LCU Soccer Field, in Lubbock, Texas
• LCU received their lone goal off an own goal.
• LCU was led in shots by Corey Hutchison, Mickey Brunton and Conner Dean, who each had three.
• The Chaps ended the Mustangs shutout sequence at 286:59.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• After a scoreless first half, MSU received a par of goals from Christian Okeke. The two were 9:53 apart, with the first coming in the 59th minute.
• MSU's Jordan Speed headed a ball into his own net, giving LCU an "own goal" to cut their deficit in half (2-1) with 9:15 remaining.
• The Mustangs put the game away with a pair of goals by Flavio Guzman 6:53 apart to give MSU a 4-2 lead. His first goal came in the 83rd minute and his last came with 18 seconds remaining.
• With the loss, LCU fell to 3-8-2 all-time against nationally ranked programs.
• LCU is winless in their last six games (0-5-1), extending a program record streak.
• The four goals allowed is a season high and the most allowed since a 4-1 loss to Rogers State on Oct. 8 at 2015 (at home).
• The game's last three goals came during a span of 8:57.
• The Chaps are now 18-13-1 all-time in Heartland Conference contests and 7-7-1 all-time in Heartland Conference home games.
• With 15 fouls, LCU is averaging 16.3 fouls at home. They average 7.6 per game away from home.
• LCU is now 0-2-1 all-time against the Mustangs (0-1-1 at home).
• The Chaparrals suffer their first home loss of the season (1-1-1 at home this season) and are now 27-16-8 all-time at home overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
1 – The "own goal" scored was the first LCU goal this season resulting from an "own goal." It was the first time LCU has received an "own goal" since Oct. 18, 2014 (vs. Rogers State).
Lubbock Christian (2-8-1, 1-5-1) remains home Saturday to host Oklahoma Christian at 1 p.m. for a Heartland Conference contest.