Score: Eastern New Mexico, Lubbock Christian 1
Records: Lubbock Christian (2-7-1, 1-4-1), Eastern New Mexico (3-5-1, 2-4-0)
Location: Greyhound Stadium, in Portales, N.M.
• LCU’s Brandon Couling tallied his first goal of the season.
• LCU was led in shots by Edwin Regules with three.
• Eight different Chaps played all 90 minutes.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• ENMU scored the opening goal with Raith Houle in the 39th minute, converting on a corner kick opportunity.
• Couling tied the game at 1-1 with a goal as 10:40 remained in regulation. The goal was assisted by Victor Domingues.
• ENMU regained the lead for ENMU 2:03 after Couling’s goal with a goal by Mitchell Meisinger, which proved to be the difference.
• The goal by Couling, his first career goal since joining LCU, was also his first collegiate goal (transferred to LCU after two seasons with Salem International).
• LCU is winless in their last five games (0-4-1), marking a program record streak.
• The Chaps are now 1-5 in games decided by one goal.
• LCU was without the services of Andres Ramirez (caution accumulation), who was leading their team in minutes played (non-goalie) entering the game.
• The Chaps are now 18-12-1 all-time in Heartland Conference contests and 11-6-0 all-time in Heartland Conference road games.
• Lubbock Christian went 0-4-0 on their four-game road trip. LCU has only played two of their 10 games at home. They will now return home for their next two home games.
• LCU is now 2-4-3 all-time against the Greyhounds.
• The Chaps move to 1-7-0 on the road this season (went 6-3-0 last season on the road) and 33-24-5 all-time in road play.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
28:27 – LCU played the game’s final 28:27 on a man-advantage after a red card was issued to ENMU’s Jose Jaramillo. LCU had a 7-3 advantage of shots during the final span. Each team had a goal during the stretch.
Lubbock Christian (2-7-1, 1-4-1) finally comes home Thursday, but waiting for them is No.25 Midwestern State (7-2-1, 5-1-0) for a Heartland Conference contest.