Score: Lubbock Christian 2, Texas-Permian Basin 0
Records: Lubbock Christian (1-0-0), Texas-Permian Basin (0-1-0)
Location: UTPB Soccer Field, in Odessa, Texas
• Jamie Boone produced a two-goal game.
• LCU produced a 21-5 shots advantage, with 10 different Lady Chaps producing at least one shot.
• Goalkeeper Sarah Palmer made her LCU debut, and the freshman completed the game with a shutout.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Jamie Boone notched her first goal of the season, and the team's first goal of the season, with an unassisted goal in the 52nd minute.
• Boone produced her second goal 5:02 later in the 57th minute, with Adrienne Almodova and Erika Aviles each contributing an assist on the goal.
• Palmer stopped a shot in each half to record her first collegiate shutout.
• LCU, playing in their first season opener on the road, improved to 6-1-0 in season openers. It was also the first time in program history in which LCU opened the season not facing Southwest (N.M.).
• The Lady Chaps ended a five-game winless streak in non-conference road games with the win. LCU was held to four goals in eight road games last season.
• Boone, LCU's second all-time leader in career goals, scored her 16th and 17th career goals. The two goals match a career high. She has three two-goal games, with the prior one coming Oct. 10, 2015 against Oklahoma Christian.
• The two-goal performance marks the second time Boone has recorded a two-goal performance in a season opener. Boone had a two-goal tally on Sept. 4, 2014 vs. Southwest (N.M.) to open the 2014 season.
• The shutout marked LCU's third shutout in a season opener. It was their 31st shutout overall in program history.
• With the win, LCU is 1-0-0 on the road this season and are 17-18-1 all-time on the road under head coach Alex Denning. Overall all-time, LCU is 27-28-3 on the road.
• LCU improves to 4-2-1 against UTPB in the all-time series.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
7: Seven freshmen made their LCU and collegiate debut, with Sarah Palmer, Adrienne Almodova,Hayden Burdsal and Krysta Mathis receiving starts.
Lubbock Christian (1-0-0) returns home for their home opener Saturday hosting Fort Lewis College. The game will serve as the season opener for FLC. The game will be played at Frenship Soccer Stadium with a 3 p.m. start.