Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
* 1 spaghetti squash
* 1 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken breast
* 10 oz can Hatch green enchilada sauce
* 1 green onion, thinly sliced
* 4 oz. diced green chiles
* ½ cup frozen corn, defrosted
* 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
* ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
* ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (can use a combination of both)
1. Use a sharp knife to pierce the spaghetti squash in a few places to allow steam out when cooking. Make sure to pierce the squash all the way to the center.
2. Microwave for 5 minutes on high (100% setting); rotate 180 degrees and microwave for another 5 minutes until squash shell is soft to the touch.
3. Remove from the microwave and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the squash to finish cooking inside.
4. Use a sharp knife to cut the squash in half, lengthwise. Sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper, and spray with cooking spray. Allow the squash to cool for about ten minutes.
5. Using a fork, gently scrape around the inside edge of the spaghetti squash to shred the pulp into strands and place them into a bowl.
6. Reserve the squash skins.
7. Use your hands to squeeze out excess liquid from the spaghetti squash strands, then return them to the bowl.
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Filling
8. Preheat your oven to broil.
9. In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the enchilada sauce, green onion, green chiles, corn, cilantro and shredded chicken.
10. Once the mixture is warmed through, remove from the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt.
11. Pour the enchilada filling in with the spaghetti squash strands and stir together until combined.
12. Scoop the filling back into the spaghetti squash shells and top with the shredded cheese.
13. Place the spaghetti squash onto a foil-lined baking sheet and broil in the oven until the cheese is melted, then serve and enjoy!