Beef patties with mushroom wine sauce:
1 cup fresh mushroom slices
1 lb. extra lean ground beef (5% fat), shaped into 4 thin patties
1/2 cup red wine, dry
1 tsp low sodium beef bouillon granules
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium/high heat. Saute the mushrooms for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Set mushrooms aside on a plate.
3. Decrease the heat to medium and place the patties on the skillet.
4. Cook for 4 minutes then flip over and cook for another 4 minutes or to desired doneness.
5. Put on a plate and cover to keep warm.
6. Mix the remaining ingredients and the mushrooms in a bowl then put back on the skillet.
7. Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
8. Cook for 1 minute then pour over the beef patties and serve.
You can fry this same recipe with ground turkey or chicken also.